Are you tangled with the QuickBooks search not working issue? This can be really agitating to users like you and me. The search function is a very vital feature of Quickbooks. You can imagine how vulnerable it will be to you as a user. Not just that, this leads QuickBooks to get stuck or hang during the occurrence of this issue.
Anyway, there is nothing for you to worry about. This is because we are here to help you out. You will find everything pertinent to search not working in Quickbooks. Just stick till the end to resolve this issue of yours.
Quickbooks Search Not Working Explained
QuickBooks Desktop and online app have many options that you can utilize to scale back the efforts place into managing daily accounting tasks and one such feature is the QuickBooks search feature. This is used to look for any dealing, client, company file, and any kind of desired knowledge. Once you search, QuickBooks can instantly come up with the results that you were trying to find.
When this feature does not work properly or when you are not being able to access the QuickBooks search, then you can determine that you have encountered the Quickbooks Search Not working issue.
What are the Causes That Lead to Search in QuickBooks Not Working?
There are certain causes that lead to the occurrence of this issue. Let’s have a look at what they are.
- The search function issue in QuickBooks can occur because of the registry error in the Windows OS.
- There can be obstructions in the firewall that restricts the proper functioning of Quickbooks.
- There is a chance that you are using the outdated version of Quickbooks
- It is quite possible that the search index file has been damaged, broken, or corrupted.
Note: You should update your Quickbooks Desktop to the latest version. Also, make sure that the Date and Time settings on your Windows Desktop are intact. You are supposed to rectify it, in case it is already not.
Methods to rectify Quickbooks Search Not Working
You have to follow the below instructions one by one carefully. You don’t need to perform all the solutions. Just carry out each method until you find the correct solution that works out for you.
Solution 1: Renaming the QB Search Index File
- Firstly, you have to close QuickBooks. Now, click on the Windows Start button.
- Simply type *.SearchIndex in the search box and hit Enter.
- When you do this, you will be taken to a folder that contains the QuickBooks company folder. You just have to locate the qbw.SearchIndex Folder here.
- Right-click on it and select rename. Just include .old at the very end of the folder name.
- After you are done saving the changes, you will have to reopen QuickBooks Desktop. Now, click the search icon tab from the top-left pane of the windows.
- Now, you will have to select the Update Search Information option.
- You have to click OK as soon as you see an update in progress.
Determine if the error has been rectified or not. If it is not, then check out the next solution.
Solution 2: Clean Install the Quickbooks Dekstop Software
You can use the terribly powerful repair code known as the Quickbooks tool hub to resolve this error. Quickbooks tool hub contains several nice tools that may facilitate eradicating this error. Thus let’s examine however you’ll be able to perform this.
- First of all, download and install the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Now, open the tool hub.
- Go to the installation problems tab.
- Here you’ll see a button named Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- You have to click on that.
- The tool can begin a scan to discover the problem. It’ll mechanically discover the problem in order to repair it.
- You just have to be compelled to sit back until the error is resolved.
Solution 3: Modify your Firewall Settings
In most cases, it has been found that the firewall has been causing the Quickbooks Search not Working issue. So, you will obviously have to modify your firewall settings to eliminate this obstruction. Also, you may check if your windows firewall has been updated to the latest version or not.
Also Find, How to make Journal Entry in Quickbooks
Solution 4: Repairing Damaged Windows Registry
- Press Windows key+R and sort Regedit and click on on run.
- Navigate to the precise key here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders.
- Find the entries that list the drive letter that is mentioned within the error message.
- Modify the wrong drive names to C:\.
- Save the settings, ideally boot the pc and try putting in.
These were the solutions to this issue. We feel proud to be part of your error rectification. If you feel we have added value to your life, as an act of gratitude, do not forget to check out other articles on our website. We are pretty sure that these posts will enlighten you about different aspects of technology.