Your employees may often ask you to carry out Quickbooks reprint w2. This usually happens because of a lost or damaged form on the employee’s side. You will have to follow the norms of the Internal Revenue Service to print old W2 in Quickbooks. Anyway, whatsoever the reason is, with the help of this post you will be able to reprint w2 QuickBooks undoubtedly.
What are the Printing Requirements in QuickBooks Desktop?
These are the printing requirements in QuickBooks Desktop.
- To print W2 type in QuickBooks Desktop, you wish to use black ink and print onto paper. Verify that it’s compatible with the QB Payroll version.
- Make sure that you simply square measure using a supported QuickBooks Desktop version.
- Ensure that you simply have an active QuickBooks Payroll Standard or Enhanced Service.
- You need to have W-2 papers that work with your payroll service and printer.
- Use either blank / perforated papers or preprinted sorts of electrostatic printers.
- Now use preprinted forms for Associate in Nursing inkjet printer.
- You should have the newest payroll tax table.
You will have to generate an Activation code for Quickbooks to activate Quickbooks. After this only you will be able to reprint the W-2 tax form.
The IRS Guidelines You Need to Follow to Quickbooks Reprint W2
The first thing that you have to make sure of is to check if you have the updated version of payroll tax tables. After that, you may check out the below points.
- There should be a REISSUED STATEMENT watermark on the W2 form.
- You have to have attached copies of 2, B, and C.
- It is essential to provide a copy of the W2 Form Filing Instructions.
How to reprint w2 in Quickbooks?
You may notice that the same question has been asked by the QuickBooks users in different manners. For example How to reprint W2 in Quickbooks 2015 or How do I reprint a w2 in QuickBooks 2016 – well, luckily, the answer to all of these different varieties of queries is the same.
You have to carefully follow the instructions given below to perform Quickbooks reprint w2.
- First of all, from QuickBooks File, you have to navigate to the Payroll Tax Center (PTC).
- Now, select Employees and then choose Payroll Center.
- Next, click on the File Forms tab and then select View/Print forms & W2s.
- You will have to provide the PIN for your payroll subscription service. Later, hit OK.
- You will see a list of employees on the W-2 page. In case you don’t, then you need to select View/Print W-2 forms for all years.
- Simply, click the employee’s name from the list in order to open the W-2 form. If it does not open, hold down the CTRL + ALT keys on your keyboard while clicking the employee’s W-2.
- It is time for you to choose View Reprints and then confirm that the forms have a REISSUED STATEMENT watermark. You should note that the watermark gets added automatically. After you click the W-2 form to reprint it in QuickBooks.
- Simply open the paper using the adobe reader. You just have to print it on appropriately sized paper.
You may want to read, How to unapply Credit in Quickbooks?
Another Method to Quickbooks reprint w2
This is an alternative way that you can use to reprint W-2 in QuickBooks. Carry out each step carefully.
- Go to the Employees tab. Here, select Payroll Tax Forms and then W-2s.
- Next, you have to choose Process Payroll Forms. Click on Saved Filings under Filing History.
- Spot out the form that you wish to print from the history. Later, click on the link under the Saved PDF section.
- Simply tap on the Print icon to conclude the task.
Printing W2 forms in QuickBooks Online
Here’s how you have to do this in Quickbooks online.
- First of all, you have to go to the taxes tab. Click on the payroll tax section.
- Now, select annual forms. Later, you have to select all employees or a particular employee name.
- Next, click on W-2, copies B, C & 2. You will have to choose the appropriate date range from the period menu.
- Finally, choose the view to launch the printable forms and then select the printer icon.
Hopefully, you were able to reprint the W2 form after consulting our post. If so, do not forget to check out other articles on our website. We try to provide value to our readers by providing unique and most informative articles. We are cent percent sure that you will like them.